Submit Your Financial Education Summary Forms
Are you a Wisconsin bank employee who volunteers in financial education-related activities? The Wisconsin Bankers Foundation encourages you to share your efforts with us.
WBF is now accepting submissions for financial education events occurring between June 1, 2023 and May 31, 2024. Volunteers are encouraged to track their efforts as they go!
Completed as many times as needed to capture an individuals total efforts in financial education. Due July 31, 2024.
Completed once at the end of the year to capture a banks total efforts in financial education. Due July 31, 2024.
Why Share Your Volunteer Efforts With WBF?
- Help the Wisconsin Bankers Foundation (WBF) track the collective impact of the banking industry on financial literacy in our state.
- Inspire and encourage others to get involved in volunteering.
- Be recognized with a WBF Excellence in Financial Education Award.
WBF Excellence in Financial Education Awards
Individual awards are presented at the annual WBA Flex Retail and Marketing Summit in autumn. Complete the individual summary form for the opportunity to be recognized in the following categories:
- Financial Literacy Banker of the Year Award: Most presentations given
- Financial Literacy Banker Award: Second-most presentations given
- Certificate of Excellence: 20 or more presentations given
- Certificate of Recognition: Five (5) or more presentations given
Bank awards are presented at the annual WBA Flex Retail and Marketing Summit in autumn.
Banks must complete the bank-wide summary form and meet at least three of the following criteria to earn an award:
- Either ten (10) or more OR 20% of bank staff participated in financial education outreach (presentations, bank tours, etc.) between June 1, 2023 and May 31, 2024.
- Thirty (30) or more financial education presentations were conducted between June 1, 2023 and May 31, 2024.
- Bank staff collaborated regularly with a school or community group to promote financial education.
- The bank sent regular communications to customers and the community to promote consumer education.
- The bank has an in-school branch at any K–12 school that is open to students on a regular basis.
- The bank offered programs for customers and community members to promote sound financial habits (such as kids accounts or senior saving clubs), or has sponsored a teacher’s attendence at a financial education conference such as NIFEL (National Institue of Financial and Economic Literacy) or the Jump$tart Coalition National Educator Conference.
- The bank created an innovative program to enhance the financial capabilities of consumers in your community.
Financial Education Innovation Award
The prestigious WBF Financial Education Innovation Award is presented at the annual WBA Bank Executives Conference in February. The Innovation Award recognizes one bank that has taken an outstanding, unique approach to empowering the financial decisions of its community members. In order to submit an application to this award, please complete the bank-wide summary form.
What Counts as a Financial Literacy Presentation?
Activities that count toward earning a WBF Excellence in Financial Education Award include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting a Teach Children to Save Day presentation
- Coaching a team of students for the Stock Market Game
- Coaching a team of students or volunteering at a tournament for the Finance and Investment Challenge Bowl
- Volunteering with SecureFutures
- Volunteering with Junior Achievement
- Presenting at a free seminar or workshop (e.g. first-time homebuyer seminar or elder fraud prevention seminar)
- Financial education outreach to incarcerated or formerly incarcerated individuals
- Financial education outreach to individuals at community centers, non-profit organizations, or shelters
The Website Will Not Load For Me
If you are running into issues accessing the summary forms, here are a few steps you can take:
- Try a different browser
- Clear your computers cache or cookies
- Contact your bank’s IT team to whitelist “app.smarterselect.com“
If there are still issues, or you have questions related to the summary forms, please reach out to Hannah Flanders at firstname.lastname@example.org!